[Chicago] [ANN] October ChiPy this Thurs 9th

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 03:54:00 CEST 2014

Bask in Braintree braininess at their new headquaters in the Merchandise
Mart. Food "not pizza" and drinks provided. Our meetings welcome all
levels. Meetings are fun, informative, and a great way to get aquatinted
with Chicago's booming Python community.

*When:* Oct. 9, 2014, 7 p.m.

*Where:* Braintree *new* HQ <http://www.chipy.org/#>

Go to the elevators in the middle of the building between the two security
desks, and take them to the 8th floor. If building security asks you where
you're going just tell them Braintree. The elevators will let you off right
in the Braintree lobby.

Merchandise Mart

222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza 8th Floor

Chicago, IL 60654

*RSVP:* http://Chipy.org

59 going so far

This Month's Topics

   - *Data Science Pipeline in Python*
   (0:20:00 Minutes)
   By: Kevin Goetsch
   In my view, the core of Data Science is the development of predictive
   models (recommendation engines, fraud detection, churn prediction, etc.).
   While predictive models can be built in a number of languages I choose to
   do my work in Python because the Data Science Pipeline is more than just
   building models. I'll talk about the larger model development process and
   how I use Python to automate and document my work.
   - *Write Pretty Code*
   (0:20:00 Minutes)
   By: Brian Ray
   Journey into the world of poorly formatted code to beautiful written
   pep8 styled goodness.

Bring a friend.

--
Brian Ray