[Chicago] Fwd: Altruism vs needing to live

Randy Baxley randy7771026 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:35:30 CEST 2014

This sort of an answer for Douglas.  Carl and Doug are of course correct.
Open Source has always floated around and it continues to become a more
organized and powerful way of doing things.  There will always be seepage
to the proprietary side.  In a perfect model Carl, Sheila, three Brians,
two Adams, you and I would never have to worry that any of our needs would
be met.  There has been shareware, freeware and such.  There is code that
needs writing even when there is not money to pay us either because others
will not see the need for it until the code is handed to them or because
the lazy *** paid to write such things are *** or because there is code
that is like medicine.  No one needs it but everyone wants it.  If folks
here felt they had to be paid for everything they do you would have gotten
no answers to your question without first submitting a payment method.

Minutes 35 through 38 of this are very interesting as is minute 43.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMJil4Hzjjs#t=2077