[Chicago] Language-Learning Hackathon

Michael Maloney tac at tac-tics.net
Mon Sep 15 20:22:50 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Next Thursday, September 25, I'll be hosting a Language-Learning Hackathon
night at Pumping Station: One.

It will be a night dedicated to learning a new programming language -- any
language of your choice -- with the only stipulation being that you have to
be a beginner in the language!

We'll spend the night re-implementing Linux shell commands, churning out
basic algorithms and data structures, working through onerous syntax
errors, and figuring out the idiomatic ways of doing stuff we probably
already know how to do in Python!

And I'll be poking around with Clojure. If you're interested, feel free to
respond with the language you'd like to toy with.

Event Details
Location: Pumping Station: One
Address: 3519 N. Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60618