[Chicago] The KnapSack problem.

Joshua Herman zitterbewegung at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:28:37 CEST 2015

Dear Lewellit,
The KNAPSACK problem is NP-complete as a decision problem and NP-hard as a
optimization problem.
Linear programming is NP-hard and I believe from the complexity zoo that it
also is a member of the complexity class FP.

I believe if you take your KNAPSCAK problem and you reduce it to a SAT
solve the runtime would be much better. It would be
O(1.32113n)
with a sat solver that you can use below
http://cstheory.stackexchange.com/a/1070/5385

Sincerely,
Joshua Herman