[Chicago] Differences between Interpreted and Compiled Languages.

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:47:36 CEST 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Lewit, Douglas <d-lewit at neiu.edu> wrote:

> Python is radically different.  There's the source file and that's it!  No
> linked files or executables or anything like that.

You might be forgetting about the .pyc file that is compiled from .py
source, down to bytecodes.

Python is similar to Java therefore, in targeting a virtual machine.  Nor
is Python the only language to target said VM, if you count Hy.

https://hy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/tutorial.html#hy-python-interop

Here's a blog post I wrote recently that might help clear things up a bit:

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2015/08/eclipse-for-python-java-clojure.html

Kirby