[Chicago] ChiPy Mentorship Program 2015

Tathagata Dasgupta tathagatadg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:24:55 CET 2015

Many thanks to the new mentors who have signed up!
However, we still need more mentors. I'll try to summarize what the mentees
in each category are looking and hope it will be helpful to the potential
mentors.

* 3 data science mentors
 - have intermediate Python experience
 - have taken some data science initial steps
 - want to be liberated from Excel/R/VBA

* 4 web dev mentors
 - have previous programming background in other languages
 - have taken some online Python courses
 - are looking for help in best practices, tips and tricks
 - have some problems/projects in mind
 - no opinionated preference over web frameworks

* 3 advanced mentors
 - have intermediate Python experience
 - network and systems programming with Python

Mentor signup: bit.ly/1zy1hSW

Most of the mentees and a number of mentors have are new to ChiPy - and
they are eager to be a part of such a helpful community. Lets give them a
very warm welcome!