[Chicago] Running tests automatically with Unitttest...

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 00:34:57 CET 2015

The tricky part is watching for changes, right?

I don't have an answer; however, looking at the autoreload.py might give
you some ideas:
https://github.com/django/django/blob/2ee9bce654f940a8de5ef121f39b6fcb6d09741a/django/utils/autoreload.py

Within it uses pyinotify, which may also give you some ideas.

However, do you really want to re-run all the tests every time you change a
file? Sounds like that may be overkill?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Malcolm Newsome <malcolm.newsome at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I recently picked up working with Django again and am using the default
> unittest.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good test runner--that
> watches the files for changes and reruns tests automatically (similar to
> Guard for Ruby/Rspec).  I did try several Google searches...but was unable
> to find what I was looking for.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Malcolm

Brian Ray