[Chicago] [ANN] (rescheduled) January meeting this Wed

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:39:01 CET 2015

For those who participated in the mentorship program there was a survey at
the end. Personal challenges aside, nearly all the results revealed
positive experiences.

Non-24 sounds horrible, Randy--just googled. Health problems will always
interfere one's ability to perform. I had emergency back surgery this year
and that certainly effected my ability to write code, train for the next
Olympics, and world domination might be unreachable at this point.

If something like this goes wrong with the program, I hope you guys reached
out to the 'T', our mentorhsip program director, so your mentor (tee) could
be given someone who was able to participate. Be sure you ask yourself
before time if you really have the bandwidth. The program would typically
take 1 hour a week; however, coordinating, getting there, and staying well,
are sometimes harder than it seems.

We will have another mentorship program soon. I do suggest if you sign up
you take it serious. If life gets the way, please reach out so that you are
not having a negative impact on the person you are paired with or the
program as a whole.

Cheers, Brian

Brian Ray
@brianray