[Chicago] [ssh] Lawrence Lessig, "Internet Own Boy" tomorrow

Rob Kapteyn robkapteyn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:29:56 CET 2015

I was there.

The movie is Creative Commons licensed -- so it can be shared freely via
bittorrent. (also encouraged by Knappenberger).

 I'm pretty sure that it still legal to share legal torrent links from the
internet archive ;)

https://archive.org/download/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz_archive.torrent

You can also get it on iTunes for $5 - $10.

There were about 500 people there, and it was very well received.
It is a very, very well made documentary.
The discussion with Lessig, Knappenberger, and Aaron's father was
interesting.
It was obvious that a much of the audience knew nothing of the story and
were shocked and stunned.
I know more and have some minor criticism, but I'm still mentally digesting
it.