[Chicago] Online training

Don Sheu dinaldo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:10:34 CEST 2015

I'm copying in David Kurkov my fellow PuPPy organizer. He's been running a
Programming Night on Thursdays.

Here's some courses he'd suggested our members try out:

• MITx class on edx.org called ‘Introduction to Computer Science and
Programming Using Python’ started on 6/10 -
https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-0

• RealPython Course - an awesome course that takes you from a beginner in
Python to having a great foundation as a full-stack python dev -
https://realpython.com/ ; use promo code ‘50OFF4FB’ to get 50% off.

• Introduction to Python on Codecademy:
http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

• Rice University's Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python
https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython1
ᐧ

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:58 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A headhunter is asking for a list of resources for online Python
>> training. Presumably, he will be referring these resources to  candidates
>> who didn't make the cut.
>

> I maintain a list here
> https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Python_Office_Hours
>
> If people have suggestions, let me know.
>

> --
> shekay at pobox.com

Don Sheu
(312) 880-9389

  *Apply to join us at www.openforcetour.org
<http://www.openforcetour.org/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*