[Chicago] [ANN] ChiPy March Meeting Tomorrow Thursday 12th

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:07:02 CET 2015

March will be our best meeting ever. All levels are welcome. Bring a friend.

Thank you for Knowledgehound for hosting the best meeting ever by
sponsoring Venue, Food and Drink

*When:* March 12, 2015, 7 p.m.

*Where:* Knowledgehound

Elelsee at Hubbard St Lofts
1821 W Hubbard

Topics:

   - *A Talk on Giving a Pythonic Talk *
   (0:25:00 Minutes)
   By: Xan Vongsathorn , Catherine Vongsathorn
   Xan Vongsathorn and Catherine Vongsathorn will be giving a talk about
   talks. It turns out that many of python's core principles apply very well
   to presentations -- or for that matter, communication more generally --
   which may be why we like python so much. Xan and Catherine want to get
   people excited not only about giving talks but also about using them to
   *actually communicate*. You don’t have to be an expert, nor do you need
   natural talent, to give a good talk; this metatalk will discuss guiding
   principles that set effective presentations apart and can be applied to any
   technical talk.
   - *From Code to Coffee Table with Blender*
   By: Matt Meshulam
   I've been developing a Python library for turning 3D models into
   CNC-machinable parts. I will demonstrate the basics of the library and how
   I used it to build a wood coffee table.

RSVP on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/220672175/

Or RSVP on ChiPy: http://chipy.org

--