[Chicago] A list comprehension???

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Tue May 5 02:08:04 CEST 2015

I've been playing with this, and I think I've got it!!!

Here's what I have:

[sum([2*k for k in range(i)]) for i in range(1, 11)]

I started with sum(2*k for k in range(10)) and noticed that gave me 90, and
then when you substitute range(9) then you get 72, etc.  So.... I think I
got it!  Am I a Python genius or what?!   ;-)

I'm guessing that list comprehensions, set comprehensions, generator
comprehensions, etc, etc are used a lot in functional programming.  I have
this ebook on functional programming in Python.  Some of it is really cool,
and some of it is almost like rocket science to me.... but I'm learning.