[Chicago] Finance SIG: Bonus Meeting

David Matsumura davidkunio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 23:26:43 EDT 2015

Hi ChiPy,

We had a great meeting @braintree yesterday. Jason Wirth broke down an open
source equity backtesting tool called zipline. In the first meeting we
talked about building algorithms in the Quantopian IDE, we talked about the
structure of a backtesting engine last night and we will continue to
discuss other investment strategies in the future.

Thanks to Braintree for the space.

[image: IMG_2590.JPG]
Thanks to Quantopian for pizza and beer. ICYMI Fawce from Quantopian
approved of the beer choices: [image: pasted1]

*Bonus Meeting: Nov 6th*

Outside of our general monthly meeting we bonus meeting next week! Dr. Jess
Stauth from Quantopian will be coming to Chicago. She will show us what it
takes to get a strategy into Quantopian's crowd sourced hedge fund. We will
meet @6PM on November 6th at Blue 1647.  Please RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/226203473/

Resources for Chipy-Finance can be found here:

https://github.com/Chipy-Finance

Thanks
David and Jason