[Chicago] Remembering Ken

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Tue Sep 8 08:17:47 CEST 2015

Oh my gosh!!!  54 isn't really that old!  :-(   "Natural causes" is a
little vague.  What was really the problem?  I think computer people
(developers, hackers, programmers, et al) need to make sure to devote at
least 30 minutes every day to exercise.  (Could be walking, climbing
stairs, Yoga, swimming, or whatever you like.)  Excessive sitting at a
computer is not without its price to pay.  I've noticed that when I'm at my
laptop for too many hours, my lower back feels really stiff and if I'm
working on some really complicated stuff I actually start to feel kind of
dizzy and hyper.  That's when I take a break and walk a few blocks or do
some Yoga.  ( I love to stand on my head.  Gets the blood and lymph flowing
again in the head and body. )

Dying at 54 is such a tragedy.  I hope the guy had a good life.