[Chicago] Sympy for Python 3 ???

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Wed Sep 30 03:04:58 CEST 2015

Exactly!  I'm a little nervous about changing my $PATH variable because I'm
definitely NOT a Unix administrator!  I mean.... I know the basics, like
cd, cp, mv, ls, ls -ld -- */, ls | wc -l, and some other cool stuff.  But
changing $PATH is a little scary to me!  On the rare occasion when I do
that stuff, I always use Emacs as my text editor.  The great thing about
Emacs is that when you edit a file, Emacs saves the original with a tilde
following the name of the file.  So if I want to edit bash.rc I end up with
bash.rc and bash.rc~.  If I totally screwed up bash.rc, then I just do this:

mv bash.rc~ bash.rc

That restores the previous bash.rc file.  It overwrites the messed up file
with the original correct file.  BUT in general I'm very nervous about
doing system changes like that.  I tried doing a dual boot of Ubuntu and
Kali Linux a while back.  Big mistake!!!!  I mistakenly deleted the grub
file and then I was really SCREWED!!!!  I had to do a fresh install of
Ubuntu on my hard drive.  That wasn't fun!  (Ubuntu is pretty easy to
install.  Kali Linux is NOT easy to install unless you know a lot about
networking, protocols, and other stuff that is currently beyond my
knowledge of modern computation.)

I would love to attend a Python Project Night.  The problem is that those
are always scheduled for a Thursday night.  That's when I have my
Informatics class.  And since the class meets up once a week, missing a
class for Python Project Night is probably not a smart move on my part.

Oh hey there Safia!  Thanks for writing.  Much appreciated.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:57 PM, William E. S. Clemens <wesclemens at gmail.com