[Chicago] FinSIG: Call for Presentations - May meeting

David Matsumura davidkunio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 13:09:07 EDT 2016

Hi ChiPy,

We are looking for some content for our May meeting. We will meet May 26th
(Thursday) @ the Grant Park offices of WeWork . Please let me know if you
would like to present at this meeting or in the future.

The Finance SIG has to this point focused primarily on topics related to
algorithmic trading but we are interested a variety of topics at the
intersection of python and finance. For example, do you have experience
working with finance data like XBRL? Are you interested in building models?
Broader topics in computational finance and economics? I would be excited
to see a presentation in behavioral finance on topics like buy/sell
decisions, risk taking, etc. If you have seen something interesting lately
and want to refer someone please let me know.

One of the things that makes ChiPy great is the many contributions from our
talented, diverse community. I'm looking forward to hearing you speak.

Best Regards,
David