[Chicago] Python Hype

David Matsumura davidkunio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:10:54 EDT 2016

It might be interesting to examine perl, ruby, and/or fortran and see if
you could document their path through the hype lifecycle. When was peak
perl? Did perl ever make it's way back up the ramp of productivity?

Would also be interesting to compare to Java and/or C. Does the curve look
different for compiled vs interpreted languages? It seems to me that they
have been more durable after hitting peak, would be interesting to tease
out their staying power.