[Chicago] Scientific SIG Call for August 17th Speakers

Daniel Galtieri daniel.galtieri at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:16:08 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Scientific SIG is back! Trunk Club <https://www.trunkclub.com/> has
graciously offered to host the next Scientific SIG on August 17th, from
6-8pm.

Scott Cronin will be giving a talk on the data science going on at Trunk
Club, but we still need to fill out the agenda for the rest of the evening.
We're looking for speakers on anything within the broadly defined scope of
"scientific python." Talks can be any length ranging from a brief 5-10min
"lighting talk" up to a full 30-minute talk.

As is always emphasized, you do not need to be an expert to give a talk.
The atmosphere is very casual, so if you have something you're interested
in presenting please don't hesitate due to inexperience.

If interested, feel free to either respond to this email or contact me (
daniel.galtieri at gmail.com)

Thanks,

Dan Galtieri