[Chicago] ChiPy February 11th Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:58:32 EST 2016

ChiPy,

Our February 11th meeting is on the horizon and we have an interesting
event planned. Companies around Chicago, who use Python, will be presenting
about how they use Python in their business.

Starting from this month, attendees are invited to arrive at the venue at
6:00pm to hang out, network, and eat. The presentations will begin promptly
at 7:00pm.

   - After party at nearby bar kindly provided by OptionsAway
   - Venue/Drink/Food Sponsor "The Connected Intelligence Foundation"
   - The "Best Talk" will receive a gift from OpenAirplane
   - Prize for first place "OpenAirplane arrange with one of the
      Chicago-area flight schools to send the winner on their first flight
      lesson. If the winner happens to be a pilot, they'll cover the first hour
      of ground instruction + first hour of flight toward a Universal Pilot
      Checkout."

All are welcome! Please RSVP
<http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/228139009/> soon.

*When:*
Thursday February 11th

   - 6:00pm - doors open; food arrives
   - 7:00pm - Meeting Start

*How:*
You can rsvp at chipy.org or via our Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/> group.

*Where:*
1871 <https://goo.gl/maps/sCevntCGhLG2>
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212, Chicago, IL 60654

*What:*
*How SpotHero uses Python*
By: Cezar Jenkins
SpotHero is one of the leading online parking reservation companies in the
country. Come see how were using Python to make that happen.

*Python at OptionsAway*
By: Tim Saylor
How OptionsAway, an airfare lock startup, uses Python.

*Python at Credit Suisse*
By: David Matsumura

*How Credit Suisse uses Python.*
Python at Datascope Analytics
By: Brian Lange
How Datascope Analytics uses Python to improve business and society through
science and design.

*Python at ShiftGig*
By: Brian Eagan , Tyler Hendrickson
How ShiftGig, which connects the right people with the right job, uses
Python.

*Python at Modest*
By: Emily Anderson , Mark Ashton
We will describe how Modest, recently acquired by Braintree (PayPal) uses
Python.

*Python at Deloitte*
By: Brian Ray
How Deloitte uses Python within the Enterprise Science Team.

*Python-Powered Data Science at Civis*
By: Stephen Hoover
Civis Analytics uses Python to develop the machine learning software which
powers our products, and we run our Python software in production. I'll
give a (very) brief overview of what Civis Analytics does and where Python
and the open source community fit into the picture.

Thanks always to all our Platinum sponsors, especially: Braintree,
Imaginary Landscape, and Telnyx.

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

Brian Ray promises this will be "our best meeting ever!"

--
Joe J. Jasinski
www.joejasinski.com