[Chicago] Resolving lists within lists within lists within .....

Joshua Herman zitterbewegung at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:09:33 EST 2016

The idea of flattening a object or datatype is a functional programming technique and not just a part of Ruby and Mathematica According to this answer on the programming stack exchange there is no method / function that implements flatten for build in Python functions but you can get almost there with itertools.chain.from_iterable . See http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/254279/why-doesnt-python-have-a-flatten-function-for-lists .