[Chicago] ChiPy January 14th Meeting

Tathagata Dasgupta tathagatadg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:06:07 EST 2016

Woohoo! Two new talks folks!

   - *Shuang Qiu*
   (0:05:00 Minutes)
   By: Shuang Qiu
   Project Goal: Create an interactive dashboard using Django, featuring
   data table and chart which take customized user filtering and sorting and
   return the filtered result. Progress: 1. Data normalization 2. Data
   Importer 3. url patterns 4. Django form - HTTP get/post request 5. Created
   chart view with C3.js 6. Bootstrap for error warning and numeric stepper 7.
   Manipulate data within shell
   - *Web App for Caregivers*
   (0:05:00 Minutes)
   By: Shannon Cochran
   This presentation will cover the Django project I completed with my
   mentor, Adam Bain. The idea for this project came from my former work as a
   caregiver for a child with Autism. As a caregiver, there were many times
   behavioral issues came up and I often wondered what other possible
   interventions people may have tried. The child I worked with was nonverbal
   which made discipline and finding out the source of a behavior much
   trickier. Every case of Autism is different but there are still some
   behaviors which are more common, especially as a result of the inability to
   communicate. For example, self-injurious behaviors are common and usually
   associated with the frustration of not being able to communicate needs. My
   idea is to create an app where caregivers are able to share their solutions
   to behavior problems and search for other caregiver’s solutions as well.
   The app will have a space for people to share both problem behaviors they
   want to decrease in their client or child and positive behaviors they want
   to encourage. This project allows caregivers to search for problem
   behaviors as well as positive behaviors and find out how other caregivers
   addressed the behavior and whether those interventions were successful or
   not.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone