[Chicago] something special is happening ChiPy SIG

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:43:58 EST 2016

I'm so happy to welcome some Special Interest Groups to the Chicago Python
community under the ChiPy umbrella. The leadership is designed to be
independent and highly supported by the ChiPy organization and tradition.
As of now, we have four areas I would like to call out as special (DRAFT):

   - Mentorship SIG
      - Organizers: Tathagata Dasgupta
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/14037425/>, Hector Rios
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/48803502/>
   - Finacial SIG
      - Organizers: Jason W.
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/12199434/>, David Matsumura
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/13689372/>
   - Scientific SIG
      - Organizers: Mark Graves
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/106497222/>, Jake Chen
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/12031151/>
   - Web SIG
      - Organizers: Chris Foresmen
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/10835379/>, Lane Campbell
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/27588662/>, Joe J.
      <http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/members/5937946/>

The leadership is detaied here:  http://www.chipy.org/pages/SIGs/ I have
just drafted this page and need your help filling this out with the
appropriate members. PLEASE email "chicago-organizers at python.org" <
chicago-organizers at python.org> for edits on this page. Sorry if I missed
your name.

The best place to keep up to date on future meetings in these areas is on
meetup http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/  or on this list

We have also started a campaign to help fund these events by our kind
network of sponsors including: Vokal, Imaginary Landscape, Braintree,
Telnex, Continuum IO, NumFOCUS, Deloitte,  lasalle street, and many more...

I just want to thank everyone for making this happen. Finally, let your
special area grow while supporting a language you use and love!

Cheers, Brian

--
Brian Ray
@brianray