[Chicago] Ask ChiPy: How would you invest on building skills this year?

Tathagata Dasgupta tathagatadg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:23:48 EST 2016

Hello ChiPy,
When I see the mentees on stage showcasing their newly acquired skills - it
makes me extremely happy and proud. And a bit jealous!

Learning new skills is critical for software developers to be relevant in
this fast moving land of technology.

Say you have 100 dollars earmarked to become a better developer this year.
How would you spend it - what would you want to learn, which books would
you buy, any courses that you would take?

How do you adjust your schedule to make room for picking up the new skill?

--
Cheers,