[Chicago] Python 3.5 in Ubuntu???

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Fri Jan 22 01:06:04 EST 2016

Thanks Phil.  You're right, it's a rabbit hole!  It's all good.  I don't
mind playing around with Python 3.5 in the command line.  I've noticed that
various software developers go to great lengths to create very
user-friendly graphical installers for Windows and Mac OS-X, but when it
comes to non-Mac versions of Unix, and also Linux, the installers are
definitely less user-friendly.  Something tells me that if Guido was
sitting here right now in front of my computer, he could figure it out, but
alas, that's not going to happen!   :-)