[Chicago] Python 3.5 in Ubuntu???

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Mon Jan 25 00:39:57 EST 2016

Hello All,

So, I'm assuming you tried to install this via the package manager, right?

There is no "Ubuntu 15.04 LTS". There is "Ubuntu 15.04" but it is not a
Long Term Support release. The next LTS release will be out in April
(Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) and will officially support Python 3.5.1. I never
bother with any versions of Ubuntu outside of LTS releases. I find
non-LTS releases to be too unstable.

Instead I would probably try to find a PPA for Python 3.5.
Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an official one but there is
this PPA that is updated by a community member:
https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/ubuntu/deadsnakes

Of course, there is some greater risk of using community maintained
software, especially with regards to security.

Good luck,
eviljoel