[Chicago] Python 3.5 in Ubuntu???

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Mon Jan 25 10:20:39 EST 2016

Hi Randy,

This is really over my head, but I do know someone who is into security big
time.  ( Interesting that Python is frequently used to write scripts that
attach themselves to executable files and then.... well, hack!!! )  I know
there are at least two teams of hackers, the so-called "Red" team and the
"Blue" team, and within those categories you have the defensive and
offensive hackers.  Interestingly enough, a lot of these people end up
working for the government and big corporations because.... well, you gotta
fight fire with fire.  I do know that a lot of these companies, and I'm
sure the Houston Police Department is no exception, will officially
authorize these hackers to break into their system to see just how secure
the system really is.  It's like my paying the kid next door to throw a
baseball at my front door window because I want to see just how strong the
window's glass really is.

I got into computing really because of math.  And I never really left my
math roots.  I need to learn more about web programming and cyber security
because that's where the big jobs are, but still.... when I pick up a CS
book I always head straight over to the chapters on searching and sorting.
I guess that's boring stuff compared to web development and computer
security, but it's what I'm comfortable studying.