[Chicago] Python for AI?

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Tue Jan 26 17:58:47 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm taking an AI class at Northeastern.  Interesting class, but sadly no
programming in the class.  More a survey course covering the history and
some of the algorithms of AI.  However, the prof wants us to write a paper
on AI that's due some time in April.  We're free to choose whatever topic
we want, as long as it's related to AI.  Something that might be fun to
write about is Python for AI.... maybe?  I know that LISP is usually the
language of choice for AI research, and I've been playing around with Lisp
lately using the Clozure CL IDE.  Definitely a nice language, although it
will take me a couple more days to get comfortable with Lisp's prefix
notation.  But what about Python?  Does anyone on this list have any
experience with Python for AI?  Can you recommend any books or websites or
articles?  If so, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Douglas.