[Chicago] NumFOCUS Build Night. Jupyter, NumPy, Julia, and Pandas

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Jul 18 11:17:56 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm subscribed to the PyDataChi meetup and thought I'd mention an upcoming
event. It looks really neat.

http://www.meetup.com/PyDataChi/events/232701965/

"Build nights are relaxed evenings where we we work together on projects in
the open source data science ecosystem like Jupyter, NumPy, Julia, and
Pandas.

If you're new to open source, veterans will help you through the process of
identifying issues to work on and submitting a pull request. If you're
already comfortable working on open source projects, you can come with an
idea of something you'd like to work on and recruit others to help. If you
have no idea what you'd like to work on, that's fine too! You can pair with
someone else or we can suggest open issues based on your interests."

shekay at pobox.com