[Chicago] Sharing an iPython notebook instance

Leon Shernoff leon at mushroomthejournal.com
Wed Mar 9 12:20:32 EST 2016

Hi,

and thanks for the responses to my query about multiple people using a
Jupyter notebook at the same time. To answer Mike Tamillow's question
about what I was trying to do with it, I have a friend in another
country who is starting Python and has made a simple Battleships game as
an assignment. I just thought it would be fun to have a Jupyter notebook
where you could open the same notebook, each have your own cell to house
your battleships and guesses, space things so the other person's cell
would not be visible without scrolling, and play battleships over teh
interwebz.

Safia, at the
https://github.com/jupyter/roadmap
link that you gave,

"Real-time collaboration on the notebook, text editor, and other plugins."
is listed as a Future development for the Notebook. Is that where this
stands in the project's development schedule, or am I missing it on that
page

--
Best regards,
     Leon

"Creative work defines itself; therefore, confront the work."
      -- John Cage

Leon Shernoff
1511 E 54th St, Bsmt
Chicago, IL  60615