[Chicago] ChiPy March 2016 Meeting

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Mar 10 15:03:34 EST 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you wish to give a talk, we encourage you to use this form:
>
>  http://www.chipy.org/meetings/topics/propose/#
>
> Ideally, that will also serve as a release. Choosing a license may imply
> that you released the talk. We may need to revisit this form, so I have
> asked the organizers to add this to our agenda for our next meeting.
>
> Carl: We haven't been recording for awhile, so this month, I will manually
> ask each speaker if they mind if their talk is recorded or not. If they
> don't want, I will inform you (carl) not to record.

Brian: About what time do you plan on asking? ;)

That would be an fine value to put in the "start" field so that I don't get
this:

  File "addeps.py", line 1413, in chipy_v3
    event['start'], '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S' )
TypeError: must be string, not None

What we really would like is a point person on the Board to serve as a
> historian. Then can also ensure things run smoothly. We already have this
> as an agenda on the organizer's meeting.
>
> Let's revisit this thread *after* tonight's recording and see how it goes.
> Feedback is welcome!
>
> See you all tonight!
>
> Brian

Carl K