[Chicago] Handling secret stuff

Nick Timkovich prometheus235 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 16:06:09 EDT 2016

What is this "code trail"? Every time you start up a session (among other
things) on a Django site it's automatically hitting the SECRET_KEY to build
a token for the user. Despite knowing that, the key, for all intents and
purposes, is safe.

Is your presumed attacker a malicious temp employee who has access to your
client? Are you exposing the key to the employee's client (ick), if not,
how does said employee get at it?