[Chicago] Writing fizzbuzz for the new century

JS Irick hundredpercentjuice at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:36:02 EDT 2016

Well yes, that's the thing about probabilistic algorithms....

As an aside, we can all laugh at fizzbuzz, but you'd be shocked just how
brazen people are about their skills/accomplishments on a resume.

I mean, it's so quick to do fizz buzz, just give a cheeky list
comprehension and get on with life:

['fizz'*(x%3==0) + 'buzz'*(x%5==0) or x for x in range(1,100)]
I'm sure someone on this list can do an even simpler one with iterators.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Joshua Herman <zitterbewegung at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I saw that on Hn . The funniest thing is that at the end the trained
> tensor flow network doesn't even return the correct values after it is
> trained.
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:09 PM Robare, Phillip (TEKSystems) <
> proba at allstate.com> wrote:
>
>> Joel Grus (author of O'Reilly's "Data Science from Scratch: First
>> Principles with Python") has written a hilarious post about being asked to
>> write FizzBuzz in a Python interview.  So he sets up a neural network.
>> Check out http://joelgrus.com/2016/05/23/fizz-buzz-in-tensorflow/
>>
>> Of course, as one of the comments points out, if you have to do fizzbuzz
>> in Java there is the Enterprise version of FizzBuzz with all the GoF
>> patterns:
>> https://github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition.
>>

>> Phil Robare

====