[Chicago] Regarding Text Editors

Chris Foresman foresmac at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:52:21 EDT 2016

I’ve been using Atom for the last 6 months or so. There are some nice things about it—and with plugins I have a nearly identical setup to SublimeText, but I think Sublime 3 has better performance, especially when having multiple files and/or large files open. That’s a concern for the project that I typically work on, which has lots of files that are over 1,000 lines. Atom is sort of “node native”, though, so if you’re comfortable with JavaScript it’s very easy to hack on, whereas Sublime is more like “python native”, FWIW.

Chris Foresman
foresmac at gmail.com