[Chicago] OpenALPR - Transformations

Michael Tamillow mikaeltamillow96 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 07:00:49 EDT 2016

Hi Chris,

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1351&GAID=13&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=87838&SessionID=88

It looks like what you are doing is likely not legal in the state of Illinois (or soon won't be). I'm not a lawyer, and I don't know the exact nature of your project, nor do I know the exact status of the act, so I can't say anything about that fine line. Probably best to avoid anything that amounts to collecting personal data on strangers that could be used to identify them. And if you are knowingly breaking the law, better not to create a virtual trail (e.g. Paul Combetta). If this is simply a learning experience for image recognition, may I suggest the MNIST data set for starters.

Sent from my iPhone