[Chicago] Scientific SIG Call for December 14th Speakers

Daniel Galtieri daniel.galtieri at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:30:02 EST 2016

Hi All,

The Scientific SIG will be holding its next monthly meeting
<https://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/235563349/?_xtd=gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJDI2ZGM0NDljLTY1NzEtNDkyNy05NTA3LTJhNjQ0ZTczNzFlYQ&_af=event&_af_eid=235563349>
at Trunk Club on December 14th, from 6-8pm.

This month we would like to highlight some of the more task-specific or
lesser-known Python packages (or even modules within the standard library)
that people are using for the various data-related problems they encounter.

We are looking for a handful of speakers to give short (5-10 minutes) talks
on a package/module of their choosing, basically describing the package and
its utility.

As is always emphasized, you do not need to be an expert to give a talk.
The atmosphere is very casual and provides a great opportunity to those who
do not have much experience giving talks to practice in front of a friendly
group.

If interested, either respond to this email or contact me (
daniel.galtieri at gmail.com) with your name and the name of the
package/module that you would like to present.

Hope to see you all there!