[Chicago] Regarding Text Editors

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:26:39 EDT 2016

To ide or not to ide, that is the question. I'm big fan of free choice. I
used VIM for many years, an IDE for several years, and now use mostly
Sublime (with anaconda/pyflakes/pep8 installed) + IPython + pdb + Jupyter
notebooks. The last one is a bit of surprise. I can always jump back to VIM
if I am doing something tricky. Nonetheless, overall use what you like the
most. Whatever you use, be sure to follow good Python etiquette**

** There is written (like PEP8) I gave a talk
<https://prezi.com/cdrj3szmkbxk/write-pretty-code/> awhile back on and so
did Raymond at pycon <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-BqAjZb8M>