[Chicago] Regarding Text Editors

Thomas Johnson thomas.j.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:30:28 EDT 2016

Previously vi, then emacs, then JetBrains. Never going back to vi/emacs
except for the most trivial tasks.
I'm sure you could do everything in vi/emacs that you can do with PyCharm,
but why spend weeks messing with vim plugins or emacs lisp or whatever when
you can have a real IDE.

CLion has even made C++ fun again.

With all that said....if you're just learning to walk, you probably
shouldn't strap on rollerblades. In other words, I don't necessarily
disagree with your professors.