[Chicago] Mentorship Program Spring Term

Rebecca Kartje rkartj2 at uic.edu
Sun Feb 12 20:10:31 EST 2017

Hello Viseth,

Wow, really?? I can't believe it! I will finish the Mentorship application
and we can go from there? Let me know if you need anything additional from
me. I'm happy to share a copy of my resume, etc.

Cheers,
Rebecca

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Viseth Sen <dreamitviseth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very interested in being a mentor for this person
>
> On Feb 12, 2017 4:27 PM, "Rebecca Kartje" <rkartj2 at uic.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ray,
>>
>> I am a novice programmer and am excited to learn about the dynamic Python
>> community in Chicago. The ChiPy Mentorship program sounds fantastic - I'm
>> curious to learn if it is open to novice programmers? I am in the process
>> of applying for it just in case there would be a chance for me.
>>
>> I am also a graduate student in Health Informatics at UIC so I'm keen on
>> meeting Python folks who work in healthcare. Do you know if there are any
>> people in ChiPy who are in the healthcare field? It would be great to meet
>> up with them in the near future.
>>
>> Thanks so much for your help.
>>
>> Best,
>> Rebecca
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 7:31 AM Ray Berg <raymondwberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Folks!
>>>
>>> We're in our application season for the Spring Term of the Mentorship
>>> Program. This week at the ChiPy Meeting we showed off our new application
>>> process which makes it SUPER easy to fill in the application, be you Mentee
>>> or Mentor!
>>>
>>> https://chipymentor.org/
>>>
>>> Applications will close on March 5th, so log today to start filling in
>>> the application. We're using a Github login to make it easy for you to get
>>> started without having to remember yet another password.
>>>
>>> I'm very confident that this term will be an amazing one for the
>>> program, but I need your help to do it. If you've never been involved in
>>> the program, now is the time to try it! If you've been a Mentee/Mentor
>>> before, you know how fun it is...apply to be a Mentor this time around.
>>> There's no better way to help us make ChiPy an awesome place for growth,
>>> all while honing your own skills as a developer.
>>>
>>> If you have any questions feel free to email me directly or leave a note
>>> using the form on the bottom of the Mentorship Page.
>>>
>>> Respectfully,
>>> Ray Berg

*Rebecca K. Kartje, MD MBA*

*Graduate Student, Health InformaticsUniversity of Illinois at
ChicagoDepartment of Biomedical & Health Information Sciences*

*College of Applied Health Sciences*