[Chicago] Mentorship Program Spring Term

Rebecca Kartje rkartj2 at uic.edu
Sun Feb 12 20:34:39 EST 2017

Hi Viseth,

Happy to oblige, my resume is attached.

My programming experience is limited, as I mentioned. I did a graduate
assistantship in the data warehouse at the Center for Clinical and
Translational Science (CCTS) at UIC a couple of summers ago. I put together
a MySQL portfolio to capture what I learned (I started at ground zero!) and
submitted that to the Director of CCTS (that is also attached to this
email). Right now, I am taking a programming and logic course at COD and
that is where I am learning Python - I'm loving it!

My goals for the Mentorship are not only to improve my Python skills but to
see how and where Python is used in healthcare. Also, I will be adjunct
faculty in my program at UIC after I graduate and I am very interested in
being able to teach Python as part of the curriculum.

May I ask what your background is?

-Rebecca