[Chicago] ChiPy June 2017 Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:46:00 EDT 2017

All,

The ChiPy June 2017 meeting is fast approaching.  Come and in on join a fun
evening of Python.  Hope to see you there!

*When:*Thursday June 8th
6:00pm:  Doors open; food arrives
6:30pm:  Welcome table - meet new people
7:00pm:  Talks Start promptly at 7

*How:*You can rsvp at chipy.org <http://www.chipy.org/> or via our Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/240015768/> group.

*Where:*
Sully's House
1501 North Dayton Street, Chicago, IL

*What:*
A Gentle Introduction to Context Managers
By: Aly Sivji
We've all used context managers provided by the Python Standard Library to
read from/write to a file. Have you ever wondered what was happening
underneath the hood when you used a with statement? This talk will explore
context managers, discuss various use cases, and show you how to implement
a context manager to manage MongoDB connections.

Tracking FCC bots with Python
By: Chris Sinchok
I've been doing a bunch of analysis on the recent FCC public comments in
Python (
https://medium.com/@csinchok/an-analysis-of-the-anti-title-ii-bots-463f184829bc).
Due to this work, I was quoted in Gizmodo, Ars Technica, and the BBC. I'd
like to talk about how I approached this problem, how Python helped make
sense of my findings, and what my conclusions are.

Thank you always to all our sponsors, including our Diamond sponsor: Metis.
Also thank you to our Platinum sponsors: Braintree, Imaginary
Landscape, Signature
Consultants, and Telnyx.

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

--