[Chicago] PyOhio 2017 -- be a part of our 10th anniversary

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Thu Mar 16 22:31:33 EDT 2017

PyOhio is special to me -- it's where I gave my first talk. PyOhio is
special because you can attend for free, and we've reached out to and
helped many who didn't have or couldn't spend hundreds of dollars on a
conference to jump start or improve their career in programming.

But while all of us are volunteers, and we have an amazing partnership with
the Open Source Club at OSU to help keep costs low, PyOhio does cost money
to put on. The last three years our expenses have been about $25,000 per
year. That's about $60 per attendee.

The bottom line: *We need sponsors!*

If you work at a company, or know of a company, or have a philanthropic
relative, please let them know that sponsoring PyOhio gets their message
out to nearly 500 motivated developers who care enough about programming to
give up their Saturday and Sunday to attend.

If you are reading this, could you please:

1. Ask one company to sponsor PyOhio (http://pyohio.org/sponsors/prospectus/
)

2. Forward this email to someone who know at a company that would benefit
from sponsoring PyOhio.

3. Introduce me (Eric Floehr) to someone who might sponsor or donate to
PyOhio.

Thanks so much for your help in making the 10th PyOhio it's best yet!

Cheers,
Eric Floehr
Sponsorship Chair & Treasurer
PyOhio 2017