[Chicago] REST API to Python Class?

Haddleton, Bob (Nokia - US/Naperville) bob.haddleton at nokia.com
Tue May 2 10:14:07 EDT 2017

Lucas:

Take a look at the bravado library module. It reads the swagger definition of a rest API and generates the client code to interact with it.

Bob

On May 2, 2017, at 09:11, Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski at gmail.com<mailto:szybalski at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello,
Does anybody know if there is a tool that would auto-read rest API and create a python like object that you can interact in python? (like: pysimplesoap and its WSDL() but for REST)

myobject = Rest(https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public)

or
http://developer.edmunds.com/api-documentation/vehicle/
or

then myobject.get.searchTweet('chicago python')..?
or what ever the syntax is.
This would issue a rest api call and return object back.

I think a lot of projects are building python api that are more and more json exposed. I'm looking for a tool that would allow me to access these using python, instead of rest:

"GET /1.1/search/tweets.json?q=chicago%20python":

+Access anything that was build with:
http://swagger.io/
openapi

Thanks