[Chicago] Upcoming Metis data science offerings!

Nathan Vermeiren nathan at thisismetis.com
Tue Feb 20 17:25:54 EST 2018

*Hello ChiPy!I hope this note reaches you well! As you may know, Metis
specializes exclusively in data science training from data science
immersive bootcamps, part-time professional development courses, and to
corporate training. If you’re interested in exploring these options with
Metis, get in touch with us! <http://calendly.com/metis-admissions> Here
are some of our upcoming course offerings: Data Science Immersive Bootcamp:
Metis offers a 12-week intensive, in person class that prepares people for
jobs as Data Scientists. In order to be qualified for the program students
must have a background in programming and statistics. We take students
through 5 data science projects, helping them build a portfolio and also
preparing them to manage data science projects once they graduate from the
course. Check out some projects Made at Metis
<https://www.thisismetis.com/made-at-metis> and learn more about the
bootcamp here <https://www.thisismetis.com/data-science-bootcamps>. You can
also join us for two bootcamp focused events: - 2/20 (Tonight!): Live
information Session w/ two bootcamp alums. RSVP for the event here
<https://www.meetup.com/Metis-Chicago-Data-Science/events/247200331/>. -
2/28: Ask me anything w/ Jr. Data Scientist and Chicago Metis alum, Paul
Black. RSVP for the event here
<https://www.meetup.com/Metis-Chicago-Data-Science/events/247880531/>. Our
cohorts run four times a year - check out the full Chicago schedule
<https://www.thisismetis.com/locations/chicago>. Our next cohort starts
on April 9th. Final applications
<https://www.thisismetis.com/student_applications/new> are due by March
5th! Part-Time, Professional Development Courses: Tailored to working
professionals, Metis has a few upcoming live-online part-time courses
coming up in the next month: - Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
<https://www.thisismetis.com/machine-learning>: 2/27-3/29 T/TH 5:30 - 8:30
pm CT. Access a free on-demand sample class here
<https://www.thisismetis.com/live-online/introduction-to-data-science#sample-class-live-online>.
- Introduction to Data Science
<https://www.thisismetis.com/introduction-to-data-science>: 3/19 - 4/26
M/TH 6:30 - 8:30 pm CT. Access a free on-demand sample class here
<https://www.thisismetis.com/live-online/introduction-to-data-science#sample-class-live-online>.
Metis also offers free data science events on a regular basis. Follow us on
Meetup <http://www.meetup.com/Metis-Chicago-Data-Science/> to stay
informed! Stay warm Chicago!*Nathan

--
Nathan Vermeiren
Program Manager, Metis <http://www.thisismetis.com/>

<https://www.switchup.org/bootcamps/metis>
*Our Philosophy*

*We strive, we sweat, we swear.*

*We go the extra mile.We stage, we fail.*

*We try again.  Get it right*

*We learn. Connect. Come together.Welcome to Metis.*