[Chicago] WiPhone, a phone you can program in Python

Rob Kapteyn robkapteyn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:19:35 EDT 2019

Hi Randy, good to "see" you too.  You back in Texas ?

I do not have a Makerphone yet.
The people making it are young and in Croatia.
They seem to have their act together, but they have been swamped by the
huge response they got when it started in November.
It seems like lots of people are interested in a cellphone that does only
what you want, and can't be easily hacked to spy on you ;)

Their FAQ page answers most of those questions:
makerphone faqs
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/albertgajsak/makerphone-an-educational-diy-mobile-phone/faqs>

I don't know how US carriers will deal with the lack of 911 location, etc.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to
mess with it.

- Rob