[Chicago] ChiPy February 2019 Main Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:42:45 EST 2019

Hey ChiPy,

On February 14th, we plan to have our Ultimate Language Shootout meeting!
At this meeting, we will be hearing from speakers who will give short talks
about a programming language other than Python and compare their chosen
language to Python. At the end of the meeting, the audience will vote on
the best talk.

Thank you to our host Active Campaign!

Please be sure to RSVP by noon the day of the event.

*When:*Thursday Feb. 14, 2019, 6 p.m.

6:00pm Doors open
6:30pm: Meeting starts

*How:*You can RSVP at chipy.org <http://www.chipy.org/> by noon the day of
the event.

*Where:*
Active Campaign
1 North Dearborn St Suite 500, Chicago IL, 60602

*What:*

   - *The Cell: a Turing complete language*
   By: Phil Robare
   - *Yes! Another Markup Language*
   By: Aly Sivji
   - *such "DSON" is "Awesome" wow *
   By: Erik Johnson
   - *Scala*
   By: Nathan Linebarger
   - *Rust*
   By: Eliah Burns
   - *J*
   By: Hillel Wayne
   - *SAS*
   By: Ted Miller
   - *Crystal*
   By: Jack Throne
   - *LaTeX vs. Python*
   By: Kevin Nasto
   - *Go (lang) for Python devs at a 10,000 foot view*
   By: Ray Buhr

*Thank you always to all our sponsors, including our Diamond sponsors:
Metis and TelnyxAlso thank you to our Platinum sponsors: Braintree,
Imaginary Landscape, Lumere, and Signature Consultants. Also, thank you to
our Silver sponsor: Markit.Please be aware of our code of
conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/
<http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/>*

--
Joe J. Jasinski