[Chicago] ChiPy October 2019 __main__ Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 18:23:39 EDT 2019

Hi ChiPy,
Our next ChiPy __main__ meeting draws near and this is your reminder to
sign up if you have not done so already.

We have some great talks planned. Come join us to learn about Python and
meet people with a similar interest in Python.

Thank you very much to Chicago Trading Company for hosting us this month!

*When:*Thus October 10, 2019, 6 p.m.

6:00pm Doors open
6:30pm: Meeting starts

*How:*You can RSVP at chipy.org <http://www.chipy.org/> by noon the day of
the event.

*Where:*

Chicago Trading Company

425 S. Financial Place, Chicago, IL, 60605

*What:*

   - *Application Security for Python Programmers*
   By: James Jeffryes
   Experience Level: Intermediate
   Python is a growing choice for business applications processing
   sensitive user data and performing mission-critical tasks. That makes it
   vital for programmers to be aware of common security vulnerabilities that
   can undermine the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accessibility of these
   Python applications. Fortunately, many of these risks can be managed with
   patterns for safe handling of user input as well as tools for dependency
   monitoring and static code analysis.
   - *What's new in Python 3.8? Assignment Expressions & More*
   By: Adam Forsyth
   Experience Level: Novice
   Come learn about the new features in Python 3.8!
   - *Celebration of the life of Tanya Schlusser*
   By: ChiPy Community
   Experience Level: Novice
   A chance for our community to remember and celebrate the life of Tanya
   Schlusser. Tanya has a long history at ChiPy and beyond. She was a
   mentor, a speaker, a writer, an education advocate, a loving daughter, and
   much much more. Members of the community will be invited to share their
   memories of Tanya.

Thank you always to all our sponsors, including our Diamond sponsors: Metis
and Telnyx
Also thank you to our Platinum sponsors: Braintree, Imaginary Landscape,
Lumere, and Signature Consultants.
Also, thank you to our Silver sponsor: Markit.

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

--
Joe J. Jasinski
www.joejasinski.com