[Chicago] ChiPy __main__ Meeting February 2022

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:37:02 EST 2023

Hi ChiPy,

The February __main__ Meeting is almost here. This is your reminder to sign
up if you haven't already. We've got some great talks planned and a great
space at Kitchen 17. Looking forward to seeing you there!

*RSVP and more info here!*
https://www.chipy.org/meetings/220/

*When: *Thursday Feb. 9, 2023, 6:30 p.m.

6:00 pm *- *doors open; food
6:30 pm - talks start

*Where: *Kitchen 17
2554 W Diversey Ave Chicago, IL 60647
For more information and to sign up, please* RSVP at:*
https://www.chipy.org/meetings/220/

*Talks*

   - Making a chatbot with huggingface.
   By: Joshua Herman

   This will be a tutorial based talk with a demo at the end on how to use
   conversational language models  to make an interactive chatbot. The models
   that we will use are Blenderbot from Facebook Research and distilbert from
   google research / huggingface. We will also use Transformers from
   Huggingface which is an easy to use packaging and API for the above systems
   and also go over using speech recognition and text to speech to make
   interaction more fluid. At the end there will be an interactive demo.
   - PyScript - Python in the Web Browser
   By: Jeff Glass

   PyScript <https://pyscript.net/> is a framework that allows users to
   create rich Python applications in the browser using HTML and the power of
   Pyodide, WASM, and modern web technologies. With Python running entirely
   within the browser-window, users can easily deploy Python scripts and
   applications with simple static hosting. In PyScript, Python can
   interoperate with existing JavaScript frameworks to leverage the vast world
   of existing web UI and visualization tech. And conversely, existing key
   Python libraries like numpy, pandas, open-cv, and more can be run - and
   their results beautifully displayed - in a zero-install environment for end
   users.

   Following this talk, attendees will be able to use PyScript in integrate
   Python directly in a webpage, integrate Python and JavaScript togther in
   the browser, and understand the fundamental challenges of running Python in
   a browser context.

Thank you very much to our sponsors including

*Gold Sponsors:* SpotHero
*Silver Sponsors:* Braintree, JFrog, and Zoro
*Bronze Sponsors*: Foxtrot

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

Engage with ChiPy
Website: https://www.chipy.org/