[ChiPy-announce] ANN: ChiPy Tribune Wed April 13, 7p
carl at nextdayvideo.com
Tue Apr 12 14:44:49 CEST 2011
When: 7 PM Wednesday April 13, 2011
Where: Tribune - You need to RSVP to get past security, see link below.
Come join us for our best meeting ever!
1. 7:00 Best Practices for Impossible Deadlines (Christopher Groskopf)
2. 7:40 Computer-Assisted Reporting (CAR) Case Studies (Jason Grotto (Chicago Tribune), Jeff Kelly Lowenstein (Hoy))
3. 8:20 The How and Why of Domain-Specific Languages with Python (Nate Nichols, Larry Adams (Narrative Science))
4. 8:50 Lightning Talks (tentative) (Various Presenters)
1. Best Practices for Impossible Deadlines
PyCon 2011 talk, general overview of how the Tribune NewsApps team has developed its methodology for building applications at the speed of news.
2. Computer-Assisted Reporting (CAR) Case Studies
Jason Grotto (Chicago Tribune), Jeff Kelly Lowenstein (Hoy)
Two veteran CAR reporters will describe some ways they've used data for investigative journalism.
3. The How and Why of Domain-Specific Languages with Python
Nate Nichols, Larry Adams (Narrative Science)
Nate will present lessons learned while designing domain specific languages in Python and Larry will demonstrate what all these great DSLs buy for Narrative Science.
4. Lightning Talks (tentative)
If interest allows, or if questions and session switch-over-time don't go on too long, a few folks may present topical lightning talks.
435 N Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60290
RSVP and other info:
About the group
ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers, l33t, and n00bs.
Meetings are held monthly at various locations around Chicago.
Also, ChiPy is a proud sponsor of many Open Source and Educational
efforts in Chicago. Stay tuned to the mailing list for more info.
ChiPy website: <http://chipy.org>
ChiPy Mailing List: <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/chicago>
Python website: <http://python.org>
More information about the ChiPy-announce