[ChiPy-announce] [ANN] ChiPy June Meeting this Thurs at Groupon

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:47:25 CEST 2014

You are invited ... to one particularly high performance Python meeting.
Everything from PyPy to numpy to GPU to Big Data... Best Meeting Ever. Join
us at this Thursday! All are invited: curious, students, teachers,
professors, professionals, experts, and newbies.

Food, drink and venue kindly provided by our sponsors Groupon
http://www.groupon.com/ "We're changing local commerce on a global scale"
Check out working for Groupon here
https://jobs.groupon.com/careers/chicago-il

The meeting will be recorded and streamed live. Link to follow.

*When:* June 12, 2014, 7 p.m.

*Where:* Groupon Chicago HQ  600 W Chicago Ave
*RSVP: *http://chipy.org

*Topics:*

   - *Computations comparisons between pure Python vs using numpy, or PyPy,
   or a C extension...*
   By: Brad Martsberger
   Brad will talk on computation comparisons of collection of tools
   "Logistic Map Bifurcation Diagram" (
   https://github.com/martsberger/LogisticMapBifurcationDiagram) for
   creating pretty images of the bifurcation diagram of the logistic map.
   - *You Down With EPP? Yeah, You Know Me!*
   (0:15:00 Minutes)
   By: Jason Wirth
   You Down With EPP? Yeah, You Know Me! In this talk I'll discuss the
   Embarrassing Parallel Problems and introduce the basics of GPU computing
   with Python.
   - *Python and Massively Big Data at Groupon*
   (0:15:00 Minutes)
   By: Tyler Jennings
   Tyler Jennings, Director of Engineering, will be presenting on custom
   tools his team has developed in Python to handle massive amounts of data.

*RSVP: *http://chipy.org
Spread this on.... Go Groupon/ChiPy!

--
Brian Ray