[code-quality] news from the Pylint front

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Apr 18 14:50:24 CEST 2013

Hi there,

first post to the code-quality mailing list. Among others, I've been developping and
maintaining Pylint for the past 10 years with some fellows, and it seems this is now
the place to be for code quality checkers, so here we go.

You may be aware, or not, that things are moving these days on the pylint front.
Two noticeable things:

* pylint development is moving to bitbucket and away from its "parent" (Logilab) [1]

* a pylint sprint will be held in Toulouse (France) from June 17 to 19, with currently
  2 or 3 people from Logilab and probably at least 3 from Google [2]

Following the bitbucket move, we're currently discussing about moving Pylint related
discussions from its current mailing-list (python-projects at lists.logilab.org) to this
one. You can see from the archives [3] that this is not high traffic, but neither
negligeable compared to this list current traffic. Of course I would like to know
opinion from people here before acting anything.

Last but not least, it would be great if some flake8 fellows would be available to
sprint with us, so we can see how to integrate pylint there and share efforts.

Waiting for your feedbacks, cheers,

[1] http://www.logilab.org/blogentry/129458
[2] http://www.logilab.org/133321
[3] http://lists.logilab.org/pipermail/python-projects/